- A 1.4km section of Yamatogawa Route opened to service .
- A 4.3km section of Yodogawa Sagan Route opened to service.
- A 0.6km section of Yamatogawa Route opened to service.
- Shin-kobe tunnel was integrated to the network .
- Distance-based toll system was introduced (abolishing flat-rate zone toll system)
- A 1.9km section of Nanamekuze section of the Kyoto Route opened to service.
- A 1.8km section of the Kobe-Yamate Route Minatogawa Junction opened to service.
The Kobe Route and Kita-Kobe Route were connected via Kobe-Yamate Route.
- IWPPP (International workshop on Public-Private Partnerships in the Road Sector) has been successfully held by HEX, the Japan Road Association and PIARC Technical Committee A.2 on Financing.
- Two new sections of the Kyoto Route, one of 5.9 km and one of 1.9 km, were opened, thus the first urban expressway came to the ancient Japanese capital.
- Also "Loop A", a space especially designed for interacting with our citizens, was opened using space underneath the elevated structure.
- Privatization: From Hanshin Public cooperation to Hanshin Expressway Company Limited.
- A total of 12.6km such as Kobe-Yamate Route (7.3km) and the Kita-Kobe Route (5.3km) was opened.
Kita-Kobe Route became a by-pass route between Daini-Shinmei Expressway and Chugoku Expressway.
- The main-lane toll plaza on the Ikeda Route opened for service with more service lanes, from 4 lanes to 7 lanes.
- ETC system starts on the Hanshin Expressway for ordinary drivers, operating with 10 toll-gates.