- Operation of a new traffic control system started at the Asashiobashi Traffic Control Center.
- The 5.0km Osakako Route connecting the Osaka Loop Route and the Wangan Route was opened.
- Using a 24-hour automated radio broadcasting system, the traffic and road information radio service was extended on all expressway routes to cover a broadcast area of approximately 40 km.
- A 5.2km section of the Kita-Kobe Route, the first mountainous section for the Hanshin Expressways, was opened.
- A roadside radio broadcasting service for traffic and road information started on the Osaka Higashi-Osaka Route.
- The northbound and westbound extensions connecting the Osaka Higashi-Osaka Route to the Kinki Expressway were completed in December.
- The total cumulative number of toll-paying vehicles topped 2 billion, and a 6.0km section of the Wangan Route was opened, bringing the total length of the expressways to 123.6km.
- The 14.3km Osaka Nishinomiya Route connecting Osaka and Kobe opened. The backbone of the urban network linking Osaka and Kobe was finally completed.