- An automated system for providing traffic and road information was completed. The 11.2km Matsubara Route connecting the central business district of Osaka with the Nishi Meihan Expressway was opened, bringing the total length of the Hanshin Expressways to over 100km.
- The Kyobashi Parking Area on the Kobe Nishinomiya Route was opened. A 1.2km section of the Osaka Higashi-Osaka Route was opened.
- The Minato Bridge on the Osaka Wangan Route and a 5.3km section of the Higashi-Osaka Route were opened.
- The first axle-weight measurement systems were installed, in order to check vehicles against violation of the maximum axle weight.
- A 1.3km section of the Sakai Route was opened, and the Hanshin Expressway reached 81km in total length.
- The final 5.6km section of the Moriguchi Route is completed.
The average number of vehicles reached 300,000 per day.
- Beginning with the Sakai Route, four new routes were opened one after another, with a total of 74.1km of related roads completed prior to the opening of Osaka Expo '70.
- The Ikeda Route, Moriguchi Route, Kobe Nishinomiya Route and other routes were opened one after another.
- The first 3.3km section in Kobe Route was opened.
Toll amount in Hyogo area was set 30 JPY for standard-sized vehicle.
- The first 2.3-km section of the Hanshin Expressway network was opened for southbound traffic.
- The former organization The Hanshin Expressway
Public Corporation was established on May 1.